- Bid Up Terms & Conditions
- Hawaiian Airlines Booking and Ticketing Policy
- Domestic Contract of Carriage
- Fare-Hold Terms & Conditions
- Fare Rules Terms and Conditions
- Gift Cards Terms & Conditions
- HawaiianMiles Terms & Conditions
- International Contract of Carriage
- Neighbor Island Travel Plan Terms & Conditions
- Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
- Schedule Change Policy and Procedures
- Contingency Plan for Lengthy Tarmac Delays
- The Plumeria Lounge Pass Terms and Conditions
- Trademark and Keyword Usage Policy
- Travel Credit Terms and Conditions
- Program Changes and Termination
- Condition of Membership
- Earning Miles
- Mileage Accounting and Notification
- Redeeming Awards
- Membership Responsibility
- Limitations of Damages
- Share Miles Terms & Conditions
- Premier Club Terms & Conditions
- Pualani Elite Terms & Conditions
- Platinum Upgrade Certificate Terms & Conditions
- HawaiianMiles Partner Terms & Conditions
- Mileage Credits
- Mileage Errors & Refunds
- Program Changes
- Purchasing Miles Terms & Conditions
- Purchasing Miles FAQs
- HawaiianMiles Marketplace Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions govern member participation in Hawaiian Airlines’ HawaiianMiles frequent flyer program. It is the members’ responsibility to read, understand and follow all of the terms and conditions of the HawaiianMiles program. Changes to the HawaiianMiles program may occur at any time and without prior notification to the membership. Members must monitor the Hawaiian Airlines website for any changes to the HawaiianMiles program. Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to interpret and apply these terms and conditions in its sole discretion.
Program Changes and Termination
- Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. ("Hawaiian") and its HawaiianMiles program partners reserve the right to change the program rules, regulations, travel awards, mileage award levels and special offers at any time without notice. This means that Hawaiian Airlines may, without notice, initiate changes (for instance, impacting partner affiliations, rules for earning mileage credit, continued availability of awards, blackout dates, or seat availability for award travel to any or all destinations).
- Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to terminate the HawaiianMiles program with six months' notice. This means that, regardless of an individual's participation in this program, the right to accumulate mileage and claim awards can be terminated six months after notice is given.
- Hawaiian Airlines is not responsible for and reserves the right to suspend or cancel the HawaiianMiles program in the event of war, acts of God or public enemy, fire, flood, hurricanes, strikes or other labor disputes, riots, insurrection, governmental orders or actions, beyond the control of Hawaiian, or in the event of bankruptcy, reorganization or merger.
- Federal law preempts state and local laws, regulations, and other provisions, including common law duties associated with your contract with Hawaiian, related to rates (fares), routes, or services of an air carrier. To the extent a state or political subdivision thereof makes the incorporation of common law duties in contracts optional, HA and the passenger agree that this contract does not incorporate any common law duties.
- Unless otherwise stated, the terms and conditions of the HawaiianMiles program govern the program and any benefit associated with the program. For the most current program information, visit HawaiianAirlines.com.
Condition of Membership
- A HawaiianMiles membership card may be printed online at HawaiianAirlines.com. Members will be required to log on to their MY ACCOUNT portal.
- Only one HawaiianMiles account is permitted per person and must serve both business and personal travel needs. In the event more than one account number is assigned to the same individual, the duplicate account may be canceled and/or consolidated upon written notification from the Member or at Hawaiian Airlines' discretion.
- Individuals may enroll individually by internet, e-mail, or telephone (“Member” or "Members"). Members must provide their full name as shown on a valid government issued picture identification. Full name means the given name, middle initial or middle name, if any, and family or surname.
- HawaiianMiles accounts will be maintained in the name of the individual Member. There are no family or group accounts in the HawaiianMiles program. Accounts may not be maintained in the name of a commercial enterprise, partnership, association, charity, limited liability corporation, corporation or government entity, or any other group or organization.
- If Hawaiian Airlines becomes aware that a member or a third party has misrepresented his/her identity in order to enroll into HawaiianMiles or perform a HawaiianMiles transaction, Hawaiian may, in its sole discretion, void the transaction and/or close the account.
- If a Member fails to earn or redeem miles for eighteen (18) consecutive months, Hawaiian will expire the mileage accrued on a member’s account. Expired miles may be reinstated for a fee. Members will need to call the HawaiianMiles Service Center toll-free 1-877-HA-MILES (426-4537). for assistance with the reinstatement of expired miles and payment of the associated fee.
- The HawaiianMiles membership card is nontransferable, and photo identification may be required upon presentation.
- All account inquiries made to a Hawaiian Airlines representative will require the answering of security questions as documented in the member’s HawaiianMiles account before any account information is released or mileage redemption is authorized. Account access and/or information will not be released if the person making the inquiry is not the member or authorized representative; and/or cannot verify the security questions.
- Hawaiian Airlines permits minors (children under the age of 18) to become a Member of the HawaiianMiles Program. Award tickets earned through the minor's accumulation of HawaiianMiles credits will be sent to the minor's address on record (not necessarily the address of the parent or guardian who purchased the tickets for the minor). A parent or guardian who wishes to challenge the address on record may be required to provide Hawaiian Airlines with court documentation designating the individual who has legal custody of the minor. Hawaiian Airlines will not be responsible for replacing credits or Award Tickets sent to the address previously on record.
- To earn miles, the HawaiianMiles account number must be provided at the time of booking all reservations or upon check-in. This includes airline flights, hotel stays, and car rentals
- Mileage may be accrued for flights, hotel stays, car rentals or transactions actually taken or performed by the member only, regardless of who pays for the transaction.
- Members are entitled to no more than one credit per flight.
- Members may not earn frequent flyer credit in more than one frequent flyer program for any one flight.
- Effective September 1, 2011, miles earned on Hawaiian Airlines flights will be the actual air-miles between the city pair. Miles will be posted to a Member's HawaiianMiles account 3 to 5 days after completion of the member's flight. For more information about mileage accrual on Hawaiian Airlines flights visit our website at HawaiianAirlines.com
- Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to determine the eligibility of existing and, as they become available, new fare types for mileage credit and the amount of miles a member may accrue. Changes to the eligibility and mileage amount accrued in any of Hawaiian Airlines’ fares types may change at any time and without prior notice.
- New and existing Members may request credit for travel on Hawaiian Airlines within 120 days of the qualified flight(s) completion by visiting HawaiianAirlines.com, Retroactive Flight Credits.
- Miles will not be credited for travel on Mileage Awards or discounted travel industry related tickets, airline employee/family/infant tickets, or tickets on charter flights. Hawaiian Airlines may, at its discretion, allow miles to be earned on designated charter flights.
- Mileage credit will not be awarded for flight cancellations due to conditions beyond the control of Hawaiian Airlines or its travel partners, including but not limited to, weather, governmental orders or actions, acts of God or public enemy, fire, volcanic activity, strikes or other labor disputes, riots, insurrection, war, or the threat of imminent armed conflict.
- If a member is rerouted to another carrier due to a flight cancellation on Hawaiian Airlines or a travel partner for operational reasons which occurred on the day of travel, the Member may earn mileage credit for the original itinerary by faxing the original passenger receipt and boarding pass, along with a brief explanation to the HawaiianMiles Service Center at 808-840-8333.
- Mileage will not be credited if a voluntary flight change is made on another carrier due to a flight delay on Hawaiian Airlines or a travel partner.
- Changes to the selection of a frequent flyer program for earning miles will not be accepted once guest has checked in for the flight.
- Bonus miles will not be awarded for discounted travel flights or upgrades from coach to first class. The appropriate class of service for which the member is ticketed in will determine the mileage credit amount.
- HawaiianMiles partners may choose to limit the earning of miles to specific services and may exclude mileage credit for services purchased at discounted rates. Members must clarify mileage eligibility prior to purchase decision. Members are responsible for reading, understanding and following all rules, instructions and terms and conditions associated with earning miles with HawaiianMiles partners, Online Mall partners and HawaiianMiles Marketplace partners.
- To earn Partner credits, member must present their HawaiianMiles membership card at the time of check-in or point of sale.
- Partner credits will post to member's account within 60 and 90 days.
- All partner credits are subject to partner approval and may be subject to an additional fee.
- HawaiianMiles Partners may make changes to their participation in the HawaiianMiles program at any time including but not limited to the amount of miles earned per qualified purchase, the rules governing qualification of such purchase, and inclusion in the HawaiianMiles program. Such changes can be made without prior notice.
- Mileage from one HawaiianMiles account may not be combined with mileage from another account unless member receiving the miles is a Hawaiian Airlines credit or debit card holder. See "Share Miles” section below.
- Points/Miles transferred into a HawaiianMiles Account from another program may not be transferred to a third party loyalty program.
- Accrued mileage does not constitute property of the member and therefore may not be transferred (i) upon death, (ii) as part of a domestic relations matter, or (iii) otherwise by operation of law.
- The sale, purchase, assignment or barter of mileage associated with the HawaiianMiles program is strictly prohibited. Mileage earned from the sale, purchase, assignment or barter of HawaiianMiles will be confiscated by Hawaiian Airlines. Members who sell, assign or barter HawaiianMiles may be subject to appropriate action, including but not limited to, having their frequent flyer account terminated, forfeiture of accrued mileage, and may also be liable for payment of the full fare, damages, litigation and transaction costs, and/or any other associated incurred costs.
- HawaiianMiles reserves the right to audit any and all HawaiianMiles accounts at any time without notice to the Member for compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in the HawaiianMiles program. In the event that the audit reveals discrepancies or non-compliance, the Member may be subject to appropriate action, including but not limited to, deduction of miles from their account or termination of their HawaiianMiles account.
Mileage Accounting and Notification
- Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to cease mailing or emailing HawaiianMiles program updates, statements and related materials to any HawaiianMiles member at any time and without prior notice. Members may go online to HawaiianAirlines.com to obtain current program information including but not limited to information about accrual and redemption of HawaiianMiles.
- Members may access their HawaiianMiles account and mileage balance information via the website at HawaiianAirlines.com and logging into their personal web page MY ACCOUNT portal with their membership number and password or by calling the HawaiianMiles Service Center at toll-free 1-877-HA-MILES (426-4537).
- To receive retroactive mileage credit for flights on Hawaiian Airlines, log into your personal web page MY ACCOUNT portal, click on Retroactive Flight Miles and enter your flight information, as directed.
- If HawaiianMiles requires documentation to be submitted as proof of completion of your recent flight or qualified purchase from a HawaiianMiles partner vendor, all documents must be legible and include the full legal name of the traveler or purchaser and the member's HawaiianMiles account number.
- Upon receipt of the correspondence requesting retroactive mileage credit, the HawaiianMiles Service Center will research the inquiry. Any changes or credits to the account will be reflected on the HawaiianMiles member’s account mileage activity within 30 business days.
- Flight awards for travel on Hawaiian Airlines may be redeemed online at HawaiianAirlines.com or through Hawaiian Airlines' Reservations Center.
- HawaiianMiles members (“Members”) may upgrade a revenue Main Cabin ticket to First Class / International Business Class provided the award class is available. Redemption must be completed prior to 26 hours from the flight departure time.
- Flight awards redeemed through Hawaiian Airlines’ Reservations Center will be subject to an agent ticketing processing fee.
- Hawaiian Airlines offers discounted award redemptions for Pualani Platinum, Pualani Gold, Premier Club members, Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Mastercard® cardmembers and Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® cardmembers online at HawaiianAirlines.com. Discounted awards are available online, and may be based on membership type. Discounted awards may be redeemed for other passengers traveling on the same itinerary as the eligible Member.
- All flight reservations using mileage are subject to the availability of award seats for each award level. Hawaiian Airlines does not ensure or guarantee availability of award seats on any flight, route or date.
- Flight awards are subject to applicable departure taxes, federal inspection fees, passenger facility charges and/or other taxes, fees and charges assessed by appropriate authorities. All taxes and fees are the responsibility of the member and must be paid at the time of redemption.
- If the award seat capacity for a lower award level has been reached, Members may still redeem flight awards for travel on Hawaiian Airlines at the next available award level.
- Members will not be permitted to redeem miles for any award (flight or non-flight) unless the Member has the full mileage balance required for the award in his/her HawaiianMiles account at the time of redemption. Members will be given an opportunity to purchase mileage should the Member’s account not contain sufficient mileage for the desired award redemption. To purchase miles, Members must follow all rules associated with the Purchase Miles program. Information about purchasing HawaiianMiles can be found on our website at HawaiianAirlines.com or by calling the HawaiianMiles Service Center at toll-free 1-877-HA-MILES (426-4537). Flight awards are valid for one year following the date of redemption and are issued as an E-ticket.
- An award segment may be combined with a purchased segment in the same E-Ticket record.
- A Member may claim awards using miles from their individual account for travel on Hawaiian Airlines for as many as 6 other passengers on the same record provided the award seats are available at the time of booking. All miles will automatically be deducted from the Member's account, unless specified at the time of the booking.
- Once an award has been issued, tickets are non-refundable. Unused award may be deposited back to a Member's account in its entirety for a fee. Unused miles for a partially used award may not be returned to the account.
- Date and routing changes on awards are subject to availability and may require a fee per award ticket issued.
- In the event of a flight cancellation or other irregularity, award travel will be rescheduled only on the airline for which the ticket was issued. Additionally, Hawaiian Airlines and its travel partners will not be responsible for passenger expenses incurred, including but not limited to tickets purchased on other airlines, accommodations, or any other expenses, or for penalties on land packages.
- When Hawaiian Airlines provides travel awards on another carrier or accommodations with participating partners, Hawaiian Airlines will not be responsible or liable to the Member for the terms and conditions of the other carrier or participating partner.
- Non flight partner awards may only be redeemed online via HawaiianAirlines.com or by calling the HawaiianMiles Service Center at 1-877-HA-MILES (426-4537). Upon the redemption of miles, Members must allow a minimum of 2 to 6 weeks for processing. Processing time may vary between participating partners. Members must comply with all rules associated with the redemption of HawaiianMiles for partner awards.
- The sale, purchase, assignment or barter of miles, awards and/or tickets is strictly prohibited. Such miles, award and/or tickets are VOID and will be confiscated by Hawaiian Airlines at the time it is presented. Members who sell, assign or barter awards or tickets are subject to appropriate action, including but not limited to, having their frequent flyer account terminated, forfeiture of accrued mileage, and/or liability for payment of the full fare, damages, litigation and transaction costs, and/or any other costs incurred.
- Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to audit any and all Member accounts at any time without notice to the Member for compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in the HawaiianMiles program. In the event that the audit reveals discrepancies, the processing of award requests may be delayed until the discrepancies are resolved. In addition, the Member may be subject to appropriate action, including but not limited to deduction of miles from their account or termination of their HawaiianMiles account.
- Hawaiian Airlines shall not be responsible for any inconvenience, damage, expense or loss incurred by the member or traveler if travel is interrupted or an award ticket is invalidated due to violation of these Terms & Conditions. Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to deactivate the HawaiianMiles account and/or remove miles from the account of any member who violates these terms and all other rights under applicable law to enforce these Terms & Conditions.
- The HawaiianMiles credits and awards have no refund value and are not redeemable for cash.
- Any abuse of the HawaiianMiles Program privileges, failure to follow the HawaiianMiles Program Terms & Conditions, or any misrepresentations, including any misrepresentation of flight information, may subject the member to appropriate action, including but not limited to having their account terminated, expulsion from the HawaiianMiles Program, or cancellation of accrued travel miles, awards or benefits.
- All transactions in HawaiianMiles program are subject to review, audit and adjustment (in case of error, fraud or similar grounds) by Hawaiian Airlines.
- Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to disqualify any person from further participation in the HawaiianMiles Program if, in Hawaiian Airlines' sole discretion, that person has violated Hawaiian Airlines' conditions of carriage (which apply to all passengers) or any of the rules described herein. Disqualification may result in suspension or termination of an individual's membership, loss of accumulated mileage credit and the cancellation of the previously issued but unused awards. Hawaiian Airlines also reserves the right to refuse transport in such instances.
- If a HawaiianMiles member is found to have violated the Terms & Conditions of the HawaiianMiles program, perpetrates a fraudulent or deceitful act against Hawaiian Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines partners or Hawaiian Airlines customers, or engages in behavior offensive to Hawaiian Airlines’ employees, representatives, partners or customers, then Hawaiian Airlines may take appropriate action, including but not limited to termination the membership, inactivation accumulated mileage, refusal to transport, and/or cancellation/ confiscation of any award, certificate or ticket previously issued. Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to seek all available damages at law and in equity that may result from a Member’s violation of the HawaiianMiles program Terms & Conditions.
- None of the miles, benefits, or awards in the HawaiianMiles program may be sold, purchased or bartered. Attempts to sell and/or barter any award, benefit or miles will be considered an act of fraud against Hawaiian Airlines. If miles, awards (including flight awards), or benefits are purchased from an unauthorized source, including but not limited to travel agents, travel arrangers or unauthorized brokers, such transactions are voidable and the member and/or traveler shall be liable for the full, unrestricted value of awards issued as a result of improper or fraudulent transfers and/or redemptions and otherwise in violation of the terms of the HawaiianMiles program. Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to terminate any HawaiianMiles account and revoke the account’s mileage balance if the member is found to be involved with any unauthorized sale or barter of HawaiianMiles benefits, awards or miles.
- All HawaiianMiles membership cards are the property of Hawaiian Airlines and must be surrendered upon request.
- It is the responsibility of the member to ensure the personal information on their HawaiianMiles account is current. Any contact information changes should be updated online at HawaiianAirlines.com in the MY ACCOUNT portal or by calling Hawaiian Airlines’ HawaiianMiles Service Center at toll-free 1-877-HA-MILES (426-4537).
- A member may be required to provide supporting documents upon request by a Hawaiian Airlines representative. Such documents should be faxed to the HawaiianMiles Service Center at 808-840-8333. Altered or illegible documents will not be accepted.
- Hawaiian Airlines will not be responsible for correspondence lost or delayed in the mail.
- The accumulation of mileage in a member’s account does not entitle the member to any vested rights with respect to any specific awards or specific HawaiianMiles benefits. In accumulating mileage, members may not rely upon the continued availability of any award or award level, and members may not be able to obtain awards for all destinations or flights, Hawaiian Airlines may, among other things:
- Change HawaiianMiles benefits, participant affiliations, or cities served
- Set limits to the number of seats available for award travel or otherwise restrict the continued availability of travel awards or special offers and discounts
- Increase or decrease the mileage required for an award
- Modify transferability of awards
Limitations of Damages
In no event shall Hawaiian Airlines or their respective officers, directors, employees and representatives be liable to any member, or anyone claiming through a member, for any direct, indirect, punitive, exemplary, reliance, or consequential damages arising out of acts or omissions by Hawaiian Airlines, any Hawaiian Airlines partner, or HawaiianMiles members in connection with HawaiianMiles program. If Hawaiian Airlines and/or any HawaiianMiles partner improperly deny a member mileage credit, travel award or some other benefit, the member’s exclusive remedy shall be the issuance of the improperly denied credit, award or benefit, if available, or such alternative, comparable benefit as determined by Hawaiian Airlines or the HawaiianMiles Partner, as the case may be, in its sole discretion.
Share Miles Terms & Conditions*
- Share Miles is an internet-based program only.
- The Share Miles giver must be a current HawaiianMiles account holder with a current email address on file and may perform an unlimited amount of transfer transactions using the Share Miles program, subject to fees if applicable.
- The Share Miles receiver must be a current HawaiianMiles account holder with a current email address on file in order to receive mileage transferred with the Share Miles program.
- HawaiianMiles account holders with a valid Hawaiian Airlines co-branded credit or debit card (Hawaiian Airlines® MasterCard®, Bankoh Hawaiian Airlines Visa® Debit Card, and Hawaiian Airlines Visa® credit card-Japan) will not be charged a fee in receiving Share Miles. There is a maximum of ten (10) Share Miles transfers allowed per calendar year, but there is no minimum or maximum number of miles required per transaction.
- HawaiianMiles account holders that do not have a valid Hawaiian Airlines co-branded credit or debit card may receive Share Miles, but are subject to a fee charged to the Share Miles giver, regardless if the giver has a valid Hawaiian Airlines co-branded credit and debit card. Such giver will be assessed a $25 base transaction fee plus a $0.01 per mile fee (no tax) to transfer miles to the HawaiianMiles account. A minimum requirement of 2,000 miles will be required for any transfer fee-based transfer (resulting in a minimum fee of $25 + $20 = $45).
- Once Share Miles are transferred, the transaction cannot be reversed. Fees are non-refundable. If the Shared Miles are further transferred to another HawaiianMiles account, then the applicable fees, terms and conditions continue to apply.
- The sharing of miles is not available for commercial businesses, corporate or non-profit HawaiianMiles accounts.
- A Hawaiian Airlines co-branded credit or debit cardholder's Share Miles privileges may be terminated if:
- Monthly or annual credit or debit card fees are not paid; or
- Credit or debit card is no longer valid.
Premier Club Terms & Conditions*
- The Premier Club Membership Program grants access to Premier Clubs in Honolulu, Kahului, Kona, Hilo, and Lihue. It does not grant access to The Plumeria Lounge located in Honolulu Airport. Members must be traveling on an inbound or outbound Hawaiian Airlines operated flight.
- Members must enroll as individuals and not in the name of a corporation, or any other legal entity.
- Each member will receive a membership card and two free personalized luggage tags. Additional luggage tags may be purchased for a fee. A new membership is valid for 12 months from the enroll month and renewals shall be valid for 12 months from the current expiration date unless otherwise specified in a promotional offer.
- Membership cards can be used only by the individual whose name is printed on the card. Hawaiian Airlines representatives may confiscate the membership cards that are expired or presented by anyone other than the member.
- Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Members requiring a name change may purchase a replacement card and/or tag for a fee and are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the HawaiianMiles program.
- Lost, stolen or damaged cards may be replaced for a fee.
- Hawaiian Airlines is not responsible for any correspondence including, but not limited to membership cards, luggage tags, and renewal notices lost or damaged in the mail.
- Members must enter their HawaiianMiles account number to receive priority handling when calling reservations. Priority handling shall be applied only to the member and those other passengers traveling on the same reservation record.
- Check-in luggage fee waivers are limited to Hawaiian Airlines operated flights and to the first two bags for the member only. Applicable overweight and excess baggage fees will apply.
- Premier Club check-in line and Zone 2 boarding are limited to members and a maximum of two guests per member when traveling on the same flight and do not apply to Charter or Code Share flights.
- Members must present a valid Premier Club membership card at the time of check-in, during Zone 2 boarding, upon entering the Premier Club, and onboard North America flights to receive complimentary inflight amenities if available.
- Benefits for Premier Club members traveling on a non-revenue standby ticket do not include access to First Class check-in line or Zone 2 boarding.
- Premier Club members traveling on a non-rev standby ticket must present a valid Premier Club Membership card at time of check in and upon entering the Premier Club.
- Each member is allowed to escort a maximum of two guests into the Premier Club. Some exceptions may apply depending on the capacity of the Premier Club at the time of entrance. Guests may enjoy the benefits of the Premier Club as long as the member accompanies and remains with them. Members are responsible for the actions of their guests and supervision of any accompanying minors in the Premier Club.
- Pets are not permitted in the Premier Club except for service animals for travelers with special needs subject to the regulatory requirements set forth in the Air Carrier Access Act.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed in the Premier Club.
- Airport luggage carts are not allowed in the Premier Club. Hawaiian Airlines is not responsible for bags left unattended, lost, or stolen.
- Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to restrict, alter or modify the fees, amenities, services, Premier Club hours or locations at any time with or without written notice to its members.
- Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to prohibit any person from further participation in the program if, in Hawaiian’s sole discretion, that person has violated Hawaiian’s conditions of carriage or any of the rules described herein, which may result in termination of an individual’s membership.
- Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to terminate any membership or remove any member for inappropriate conduct, including but not limited to conduct that is disruptive, abuse or violent, for failing to comply with membership Terms & Conditions or who in Hawaiian Airlines’ sole discretion, are not using the membership or the Premier Club for its intended purpose.
*Terms and Conditions may change without notice
If you have questions about the Hawaiian Airlines Premier Club Membership Program visit HawaiianAirlines.com or contact the HawaiianMiles Service Center.
HawaiianMiles Service Center
P.O. Box 30008
Honolulu, HI 96820
Toll Free: (U.S.) 1-877-HA-MILES (426-4537)
Pualani Elite Terms & Conditions*
- Qualification for Pualani status is based on qualifying flights earned within a calendar year. Qualifying flights must be earned on a revenue fare that earns HawaiianMiles when traveling on a Hawaiian Airlines operated flight. Mileage award travel, promotional tickets, or industry discounted tickets are not eligible for mileage credit and therefore will not qualify towards Pualani status.
- Each member will receive a membership card and two free personalized luggage tags. Additional luggage tags may be purchased for a fee.
- Membership cards are non-transferable and may be used only by the individual whose name is printed on the card.
- Membership cards are the property of Hawaiian Airlines and may be revoked for any reason.
- Lost, stolen or damaged cards may be replaced for a fee.
- Members must present their Pualani Elite membership card at the time of check-in, upon entering airport passenger Premier Club facilities, while pre-boarding, and must be presented onboard flights to receive in-flight amenities.
- Express check-in and pre-boarding is limited to members and a maximum of two guests per member when traveling on the same flight.
- Express check-in, pre-boarding, and in-flight amenities do not apply on Charter flights.
- Members traveling on a non-revenue standby ticket will be limited to lounge access only.
- Check-in luggage fee waivers are limited to the member only. First three (3) bags for Pualani Platinum members and first two (2) bags for Pualani Gold members. Applicable overweight and excess baggage fees will apply.
- Premier Club access is limited to members traveling on Hawaiian Airlines flights either inbound or outbound at Hawaiian Airlines operated lounges located at most interisland routes serviced by Hawaiian Airlines.
- Each member is allowed to escort a maximum of two guests into the “Premier Clubs” operated by Hawaiian Airlines. Some exceptions may apply depending on the capacity of the Premier Club at the time of entrance. Guests may enjoy the benefits of the Premier Club as long as the member accompanies and remains with them. Members are responsible for the actions of their guests and supervision of any accompanying minors in the Premier Club.
- Where Hawaiian Airlines shares airport passenger Premier Club facilities with other airlines, members are subject to the rules and regulations of that facility.
- Pualani Elite privileges are honored only when members are traveling on Hawaiian Airlines scheduled flights and not on any other carrier.
- Members requesting to standby for an earlier Interisland flight must check with the Customer Service agent at the podium in the gate area. Check-in luggage must be on the same flight. Unaccompanied Minors do not qualify for this benefit.
- Pualani Platinum and Gold members enjoy complimentary upgrades to Extra Comfort/Preferred Seats on all Hawaiian Airlines-operated flights between Hawaii and North America, subject to seat availability. Benefit applicable to Elite member only. When checking in for your flight 24 hours prior to departure, the Elite member must add him/herself to the standby list for seat upgrade in order to be eligible for the upgrade. If an upgrade is available, the Elite member will be notified by gate agent if upgrade is confirmed and will be issued a new boarding pass. Seating assigned by priority of status (Pualani Platinum before Pualani Gold), and then on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Pualani Platinum members enjoy complimentary upgrades to Preferred Seats on all Hawaiian Airlines operated flights to the Neighbor Islands, subject to seat availability. Benefit applicable to Elite member only by reserving a Preferred Seat (if available) twenty four (24_ hours in advance of the scheduled departure. Preferred seating will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Pualani Platinum and Gold members enjoy one complimentary fare hold per member at any given time. Elite members must be logged into their account prior to making a reservation for fare hold fee waiver to apply. If more than one fare hold is held at any given time, Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to cancel all of member’s held reservations.
- Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to change or eliminate any element of the Pualani Elite or Premier Club Membership program at any time and without notice, including qualification levels, benefits, and amenities.
- Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to prohibit any person from further participation in the program if, in Hawaiian's sole judgment, that person has violated Hawaiian's conditions of carriage or any of the rules described herein, which may result in termination of an individual's membership.
- Pualani members are subject to all the Terms and Conditions herewith and of the Premier Club program.
Platinum Upgrade Certificate Terms & Conditions
Membership Year 2019 and later
- Certificates are only valid on flights operated by Hawaiian Airlines. A complete list of cities we serve can be found at Hawaiianairlines.com/destinations
- A Platinum member may redeem one (1) certificate in exchange for one (1) complimentary upgrade to First Class on a one-way flight between Hawaii and North America (West Coast). Upgrade certificates may not be used for flights to/from New York, NY (JFK) or Boston, MA (BOS)
- A Platinum member may redeem two (2) certificates in exchange for one (1) complimentary upgrade to First/Business class on a one-way flight between Hawaii and International destinations or New York, NY (JFK),or Boston, MA (BOS) flights.
- Upgrades are subject to seat availability in A, P, or D fare classes.
- Requests to redeem certificates can be made through MYTRIPS on HawaiianAirlines.com or by calling Hawaiian Airlines Reservations no earlier than 30 days prior to travel date. Requests can be submitted no later than 72 hours (through MYTRIPS) or 4 hours (through Hawaiian Airlines Reservations) before the scheduled departure time. Certificates cannot be redeemed at the airport with an airport agent.
- Upgrades are awarded based on availability no earlier than 72 hours prior to the scheduled departure time
- Platinum member may use a certificate to redeem an upgrade for a companion, provided the companion is on the same itinerary sharing the same Hawaiian Airlines reservation code.
- Certificates may be redeemed to upgrade economy class revenue flights or flight award tickets redeemed with HawaiianMiles, but may not be used in conjunction with a non-revenue, industry trade or HA employee fare tickets. A non-revenue ticket includes, but is not limited to, travel industry pass travel tickets.
- Certificates may be used for a one-time redemption only. In the event that a certificate is redeemed but the upgrade is not used (i.e. in the event of a voluntary flight cancellation), it shall be forfeited. Notwithstanding the foregoing, upgrades may be transferred to the redeeming passenger’s flight in the event such passenger is granted a date change request for the upgrade ticket if the same class of service is available; otherwise, it will be forfeited. Certificates are non-transferrable to another passenger once redeemed.
- Notwithstanding anything herein to the foregoing, in the event of an involuntary downgrade or Hawaiian-initiated schedule change resulting in the loss of a redeemed upgrade, Hawaiian shall reinstate the associated certificate.
- Other restrictions may apply.
HawaiianMiles Partner Terms & Conditions*
Restaurants, Shopping, Services & Activities categories for HawaiianMiles Partners only
- HawaiianMiles are awarded only when a HawaiianMiles membership card is shown at the time of purchase AND payment is made with a VISA, MasterCard, JCB or Discover credit card, debit card, check or cash. Note: Additional restrictions may apply for individual partners.
- HawaiianMiles are awarded on purchases of goods and services but not on tax or tip, if any. Miles are not awarded in conjunction with other promotional coupons, corporate and/or wholesale rates.
- Miles cannot be earned when paying by check, credit or debit card from merchants who only accept cash as a form of payment.
- Mileage will be posted to member’s HawaiianMiles account within 4-6 weeks after the qualified purchase has been processed and as long as a current and accurate HawaiianMiles number was provided to merchant at the time of purchase.
Mileage Errors & Refunds
- Members must present receipt in case of any mileage errors. Mileage errors must be reported to the HawaiianMiles Service Center within 120 days of purchase.
- Members must present their HawaiianMiles purchase receipt to obtain refunds from the HawaiianMiles merchant. Refund and return restrictions are established by each merchant, but in any event shall be limited to 30 days from the date of purchase.
- As a result of merchant refunds, miles will show as a negative in member's HawaiianMiles mileage statement.
- Participating HawaiianMiles merchants in this directory are subject to change at any time. Click here for the most current listing.
- HawaiianMiles and Third Party Facilitator/Administrator (hereinafter “Administrator”) reserve the right to change the program terms and conditions at any time without notice. HawaiianMiles and Administrator will not be responsible in the event of Acts of God, fire, casualties, strike, merchant closure or other actions taken by participating merchants or other events beyond the control of HawaiianMiles and Administrator.
IMPORTANT: The amount of mileage earnings in Travel and Program categories and method of payment varies among Travel and Program partners. Call the HawaiianMiles Service Center for more information. Toll-free 1-877-HA-MILES (426-4537).
Purchasing Miles Terms & Conditions*
- New members must have a flight activity to be eligible to purchase miles.
- Miles must be purchased in 500-mile increments.
- Members may purchase miles online with a limit of 10,000 HawaiianMiles per transaction and up to three (3) transactions per week.
- Members may purchase an unlimited number of miles by calling the HawaiianMiles Service Center or Reservations.
- Miles may be purchased in conjunction with an award or credited in member's account for future award redemptions.
- Cost is U.S. $0.0291 per mile plus 1.82% tax.
- Must be a HawaiianMiles member to purchase miles.
- Miles are non-transferable.
- Purchased miles are non-refundable.
- Members may login to purchase miles to be banked or they can call the HawaiianMiles Service Center toll free 1-877-HA-MILES (426-4537).
- Miles purchased to be used in conjunction with a flight award may be done online when booking an E-Award, or by calling the HawaiianMiles Service Center or Reservations.
- Purchases may be made with any valid MasterCard™, Visa™, American Express™, Diners™ or Discover™ credit or debit card.
- All HawaiianMiles terms and conditions apply to purchased miles.
- Miles purchased are instantly credited and applicable to award redemption
Purchasing Miles FAQs
Q: May I combine my purchased miles with my miles earned from my Hawaiian Airlines credit or debit card account?
Q: If I pay for miles with my Hawaiian Airlines credit or debit card, do I still earn one mile per dollar on the Credit Card?
HawaiianMiles Marketplace Terms & Conditions*
- Hawaiian Airlines® MasterCard® or Bankoh Hawaiian Airlines® Visa® Debit Card Account Holders:
- Members may earn bonus miles from making qualified purchases from a current HawaiianMiles Marketplace partner with an active Hawaiian Airlines® MasterCard® or Bankoh Hawaiian Airlines® Visa® Debit Card† (“Bonus Miles”).
- Partner bonus miles on qualified purchases are awarded in addition to the 1 mile per $1 spent on all purchases made with a Hawaiian Airlines® MasterCard®, and 1 mile per $2 spent on the Bankoh Hawaiian Airlines® Visa® Debit Card when you sign for your purchases. Miles are not awarded on cash back or debit card PIN transactions. Barclay Bank Delaware and Bank of Hawaii are not affiliated with HawaiianMiles Marketplace merchants.
- Only the primary account holder of an active Hawaiian Airlines® MasterCard® or Bankoh Hawaiian Airlines® Visa® Debit Card may earn Bonus Miles from qualified purchases from HawaiianMiles Marketplace Partners (“HawaiianMiles Marketplace Partners”) as listed Partners.HawaiianAirlines.com
- HawaiianMiles Marketplace Partners determine the purchase qualification rules and restrictions that govern whether a HawaiianMiles member’s purchase may earn Bonus Miles, and such rules and restrictions may change from time to time and without notice. Restrictions may include, are not necessary limited to:
- Purchase transactions at specified store(s)
- Purchase types
- Minimum and/or maximum US Dollar (USD) amount payments limits
- Purchase dates
- All current HawaiianMiles Marketplace program rules and restrictions are available online at HawaiianAir.CustHelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2670
- The list of current HawaiianMiles Marketplace Partners may change at any time without prior notice. To find current partners visit Partners.HawaiianAirlines.com
- Bonus Miles are credited to the HawaiianMiles frequent flyer account of the primary Hawaiian Airlines credit or debit card account holder only after the purchase(s) appears in the member’s Hawaiian Airlines credit or debit card statement.
- Crediting of Bonus Miles to the member’s HawaiianMiles account may occur up to 45 days after payment is made with the member’s Hawaiian Airlines® MasterCard® or Bankoh Hawaiian Airlines® Visa® Debit Card, net of any refunds or credits.
- HawaiianMiles members may view their HawaiianMiles transactions in the member’s online HawaiianMiles frequent flyer mileage statement in the month following the appearance of the purchase in the member’s monthly credit or debit card statement.
†When using a Bankoh Hawaiian Airlines debit card, the purchaser must sign for or select Credit for purchases to qualify for HawaiianMiles Partner mileage offer.
- HawaiianMiles Marketplace Registered Card Program for VISA or AMEX Credit or Debit Card Accounts
HawaiianMiles Members may register their personal, non-Hawaiian branded VISA or American Express (AMEX) credit or debit card to qualify to earn bonus miles (“Bonus Miles”) for qualified purchases made from HawaiianMiles Marketplace Partners (the “Registered Card Program”). In order to earn such bonus miles, HawaiianMiles Members must register their VISA or AMEX credit/debit accounts online at: Partners.HawaiianAirlines.com/CLORegistration.aspx. If a member is unable to register his/her VISA or AMEX credit/debit account, the member may call HawaiianMiles Service Center (HMSC) during business hours for assistance in registering. HawaiianAirlines.com/Contact-Us/Call .
Members are allowed to register up to a total five (5) VISA and/or AMEX credit and/or debit card accounts to their HawaiianMiles account.
Only the primary account holder of the VISA or AMEX credit or debit card may register his/her VISA or AMEX card with the Registered Card Program.
VISA and/or AMEX (“Payment Networks”) shall have the sole discretion to deny registration of certain credit/debit account types into the Registered Card Program.
When registering a business or corporate VISA or AMEX credit/debit account with the Registered Card Program, HawaiianMiles Members shall take sole responsibility in ensuring that such proper corporate or business authority exists to allow such card to be so registered.
None of Hawaiian, the Marketplace Administrator, or any of the HawaiianMiles Marketplace Partners shall be liable, nor shall any such parties indemnify any third parties in the event that Bonus Miles are credited in association with a purchase made with a registered but unqualified VISA and/or AMEX credit/debit account from a HawaiianMiles Marketplace Registered Card program partner. Each of Hawaiian, the Marketplace Administrator and the HawaiianMiles Marketplace Partners, may, but shall in no instance be obligated to, have responsibility for validating, reimbursing, and/or revoking any Bonus Miles awarded as the result of a purchase made with a registered but unqualified (or otherwise invalid or ineligible) VISA and/or AMEX credit/debit account.
In the event a VISA or AMEX credit or debit card is registered to earn miles for a HawaiianMiles account belonging to someone other than the primary VISA or AMEX credit or debit card account holder, the HawaiianMiles account holder shall immediately unregister such VISA or AMEX card from the HawaiianMiles account, and Hawaiian may require that any erroneously earned miles be returned and/or the value of such erroneously earned miles be reimbursed by the HawaiianMiles primary account holder.
HawaiianMiles Marketplace Partners determine the purchase qualification rules and restrictions that govern whether a HawaiianMiles Member’s purchase may earn Bonus Miles, and such rules and restrictions may change from time to time and without notice. Restrictions may include, are not necessary limited to:
- Purchase transactions at specified store(s)
- Purchase types
- Minimum and/or maximum US Dollar (USD) amount payment limits
- Purchase dates
All current HawaiianMiles Marketplace program rules and restrictions are available online at HawaiianAir.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2670
The list of current HawaiianMiles Marketplace Partners may change at any time without prior notice.
- .Bonus miles are credited to the HawaiianMiles frequent flyer account that the VISA or AMEX credit or debit card account has been registered to.
- Bonus miles are credited to a HawaiianMiles Member’s frequent flyer account only after the purchase(s) appears on the member’s VISA or AMEX credit or debit card statement.
- Crediting of Bonus Miles to a HawaiianMiles Member’s frequent flyer account may occur up 45 days after payment is made with the member’s VISA or AMEX credit or debit card, net of any refunds or credits.
- HawaiianMiles Members may typically view their HawaiianMiles transactions in the HawaiianMiles Member’s online HawaiianMiles frequent flyer mileage statement in the month following the appearance of the purchase in the member’s monthly VISA or AMEX credit or debit card statement, though Hawaiian does not guarantee that the transactions will appear within such time.
- Use of Registered Card Information
With the registration of a VISA or AMEX credit or debit card, HawaiianMiles members acknowledge, authorize, and agree that:
- .The Marketplace Administrator and the Payment Networks will collect information about the HawaiianMiles Member and Registered Program purchases from select HawaiianMiles Marketplace Partners.
- By making purchases through the Registered Card Program, HawaiianMiles Members hereby authorize the Marketplace Administrator and the Payment Networks to collect any and all information from any debit or credit card processor, issuing bank or any available source with respect to the purchases made using registered payment card(s).
By participating in the Registered Card Program, HawaiianMiles Members authorize the Marketplace Administrator and the Payment Networks to use any such information and to disclose such information:
- .to Hawaiian, Marketplace Administrator and the Payment Networks representatives and agents,
- to third parties, where necessary or convenient for transfer or redemption of your accumulated mileage or otherwise in connection with the HawaiianMiles Marketplace,
- to comply with requests, orders or subpoenas from courts of law or any regulatory, legislative or administrative bodies and
In addition, by registering a VISA or AMEX credit or debit card with the Registered Card Program, such registering individual acknowledges that he/she is the account holder of such card, and that the person or entity has full authority to so register and receive information about the transactions effected using such cards. The HawaiianMiles Member authorizes Hawaiian, Marketplace Administrator, select HawaiianMiles Marketplace Partners and the Payment Networks to disclose such cards, accounts and identifiers to affiliated and unaffiliated third parties for the purposes set forth in this section and these HawaiianMiles terms & conditions.
- Mileage Errors, Refunds and Retroactive Credit; Force Majeure; Miscellaneous
Refunds and credits against payments made from HawaiianMiles Partners during the period that they are participating in the HawaiianMiles Program result in reversals of miles earned.
Such reversals show as a negative amount in the member’s HawaiianMiles frequent flyer mileage statement.
In the event that a purchase with a HawaiianMiles Partner does not result in HawaiianMiles earned 45 days after the purchase date, HawaiianMiles Members may contact the HawaiianMiles Service Center during its business hours for assistance (HawaiianAirlines.com/Contact-Us/Call). The customer service representative may request that the caller provide proof of purchase to assist with the mileage credit request investigation.
Hawaiian and Marketplace Administrators will not be responsible in the event of acts of God, fire, casualties, strike, merchant/partner closure or other actions taken by participating HawaiianMiles Partners, merchants or other events beyond the control of Hawaiian, Marketplace Administrator, Payment Networks, and HawaiianMiles Partners.
HawaiianMiles members may be restricted from earning mileage credit from more than one loyalty program, and therefore may be ineligible to separately earn points/miles for a single purchase from each of the loyalty program(s) with which such member has registered.
Select HawaiianMiles Marketplace partners may require a HawaiianMiles member to complete card registration prior to making a purchase in order to be eligible to earn miles. Further, these select partners may prevent HawaiianMiles members from earning HawaiianMiles should the member have previously registered to receive miles/points for purchases from such partner via a different loyalty program account. This restriction is managed and controlled by that HawaiianMiles Marketplace partner and/or their loyalty program management administration and is subject to change at any time and without notice.
HawaiianMiles Service Center
P.O. Box 30008, Honolulu, HI 96820
Phone: 838-5333 (Oahu)
Toll Free: 1-877-HA-MILES (426-4537)